I would be interested in reading about some people’s experiences raising kids in China or maybe about having biracial kids or being biracial. There is a lot of talk about western women with Asian men but I think mixed race/nationality is another issue worth discussing.
I can’t agree more. After all, one of the biggest reasons I run guest posts is to provide fresh perspectives on this blog. And while I don’t have kids yet or know what it’s like to be biracial Asian, these are experiences that many of you already have (or will have soon) and would like to read about.
I’m interested in guest posts about:
- Biracial identity from people who have an Asian parent
- Pregnancy, raising biracial Asian kids and parenting in Asian cultures and countries
- The red tape of having kids across borders (such as visa and residency issues)
- Helping your biracial and/or bicultural children embrace their identity
- Plus anything else you can think of related to having/raising biracial Asian kids or being biracial and Asian!
I’m looking forward to your submissions!
As always, you can send them in using the form on my submit a post page or via e-mail (jocelyn (at) speakingofchina.com). You can also check out the general guidelines for all guest posts at the submit a post page.
P.S.: My apologies to everyone hoping for a fresh post today. I’ve been battling the flu on and off the past couple of weeks and have spent a lot of days just sleeping, resting and not having as much time or energy for writing as I would have liked. But don’t worry, I’ll be back next week with a fresh post from yours truly, promise! 😉