ReadÂ this collaborative piece on interracial dating and marriages of Western women and Chinese men I did with Susan Chi, Melanie Gao, and Jessica Larson-Wang — for Middle Kingdom Life. It’s called “Western Wives, Chinese Husbands.”
We answer these questions:
- Are Chinese men generally attracted to Western women? Are they representative of Chinese men in general?
- Is there anything culturally unique about the psychology of Chinese men, as a group, that Western women should be aware of?
- How are dating etiquette and customs different in China in regard to men than in the States?
- What is the best way to find English-speaking Chinese men?
- What are Chinese men looking for in a wife?
- What are the advantages of having a Chinese husband in China?
- What are some common problems Western women face with a Chinese husband?
A big thanks to Susan, Melanie and Jessica (who put up with my copious e-mails and crazy requests for things like photos)! Your voices truly made this a valuable piece.
So, take a look at the article — and share it with your friends, too. Enjoy!